Sunday, June 1, 2008

Talents and Teething

So May kinda got away from me blogwise. I've been super tired lately - Annsley, work, new church things, managing our household, and a couple other changes in my life- it's gotten the best of me. But I'll try to get back on track.

I cannot believe that my baby girl is on the verge of crawling!! It's going by WAY too fast, and I'm not ready for her to be mobile yet. Naps have become interesting because now she can sit herself up in her crib and play with the wallpaper. She doesn't cry, but I'll go in there to check on her, thinking she's asleep, and there she is smiling at me :0) Stinker.

But it's fun, nonetheless. What's not so fun, however, is the teething. That's been challenging. We've been so spoiled with her sleeping through the night since 6 weeks! So now that she's up several times a night, that certainly isn't helping my tiredness.

There's so many new things that she's doing, everyday it seems like she's learning something and proudly displaying her talents. Clapping is the newest thing, and I can't get enough of it! Also, she's beginning to show her "love" for us. Daddy's favorite is when she lunges for him and grabs on. She also gives "kisses" by coming at our faces with a slobbery open mouth. We end up covered in drool, but I'll take it anyday :0) Those are the little things that make us forget the frustrating moments. And she just looks so darn cute with those teeny little teeth popping through on the bottom!

I feel like every month that goes by I'm more and more in love with her. It's amazing. And one of the greatest joys for me is seeing Bobby bond with her. Watching their relationship makes me melt, and I'm so thankful that she has such a great Daddy who loves her so much.

1 comment:

Bobby said...

Our daughter is so blessed to have a mommy like you! thanks you babe... really thank you.

Remember...

Life's too short for sensible shoes.