Saturday, July 5, 2008

Moments in the Mountains...

So right now I'm looking at my dumb dog who, on our first night up here in the mountains, decides to fall down an entire flight of steep, wooden stairs. Yes, at 3 AM, as I'm trying to console a screaming baby, Rook heads down the steps in the pitch black, and I'll never forget the sound of an 85-pound idiot falling head over heels. So now he's sore all over and yelps every time he gets up, but I'm surprised he didn't break anything. He's like Chevy Chase, always doing the dumbest stuff, yet still surviving to do it all over tomorrow.

Anyway, Bobby and I are trying to relax. It's a rainy day today, the baby's sleeping, and Bobby and his dad are playing yet another riveting game of chess on the porch - look out, brilliant minds at work. When it's quiet up here, it's REALLY quiet...it's a nice change of pace for a little while. I'm trying to finish up my book for book club. I love having the opportunity to read more up here.

After Annsley gets up, we're headed to a winery...and then to the greatest thing since sliced bread - Wal-Mart! :0) It's the big deal around these parts! Ha ha! More to come...

3 comments:

Erica said...

sounds awesome! I am hoping we can take a trip to NC in the fall.

By the way, can you help me with finding background paper for my blog? I have tried with no success.

Erica said...

I didn't mean the part about Rook falling being awesome...I meant the quiet time to enjoy a book : )

Erica said...

girl, I need an update! J/K
We are excited about Annsley's party and at least the girls and I will be there. Can't wait!

Remember...

Life's too short for sensible shoes.