Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Nannies & Cook-Cooks







Nope, these aren't professions, these are Annsley's newest words! Bananas are "nannies" and cookies are "cook-cooks." Then there's "muck," which is milk, of course. And "peez" is please. I am surprised every day to have at least two new words come spilling out, and I have to say that it so much easier to be able to understand what she's asking for!






She loves to read books, and I love to watch her "read" to herself. It just confirms that she picks up EVERYTHING that I say and stores it away for that special day when she'll decide to blurt it out of nowhere.






She loves to play with other kids and is fascinated by older kids especially. I'm realizing more and more that I have a very independent kid on my hands. In many ways, it makes things easier - like leaving her in the nursery at church or with sitters - she's like "peace out, Mommy." But then there are those times when I just want to snuggle and she's just too "busy." There's always something that she's learning or doing, and she loves to figure out how things work. In those moments, I wish she had a little clinginess in her.






But it's ok, because I'm now officially "Mommy" - she says the word very clearly, she asks for me when I'm gone, and greets me with a smile when I come back. I love it. She's a very happy little girl, and I'm so thankful. She makes me laugh with all of her funny new faces and words. I can't believe that 16 months have flown by this fast!

No comments:

Remember...

Life's too short for sensible shoes.