Thursday, January 24, 2008

Joy

I've never known such joy as I do now being a mommy. Every day I stare into that little face and engrave that perfect smile on my mind's memory. I never want to forget how my heart leaps every time she lights up and grins from ear to ear. Those blue eyes are so sparkly, innocent and full of joy.

I lose all sense of things around me when I hold my baby girl in my arms. As she falls asleep, she looks directly into my eyes, peering in the windows into my soul. It's almost like she can read every thought in my mind, which at that moment is all about locking away this most precious memory. She drifts away into sleep, knowing that she is safe; my eyes tell her that I love her more than anything in this world. She makes the most gentle mmmm sounds, like she's saying 'I love you, Mom...I'm so thankful to be right here, right now.'

I know now that no one could ever love me like she does. What a gift. What a blessing. What joy.

1 comment:

Bobby said...

You are the most amazing mom that a little girl could ver ask for!

Remember...

Life's too short for sensible shoes.