Monday, January 21, 2008

(Not So) Great Expectations

As Bobby and I set out on this journey called church planting, I am reminded of all the things I hate about how church has been done and how I just wish things could look different. Maybe my calling is to just look different. I cringe at the title of "pastor's wife"...or maybe I cringe at all the stipulations that immediately attach themselves to it. I'm working on letting go of the fear of not living up to what I think people will expect of me. Can we just get real for a moment? I don't want to lead women's ministry.

Someone told me the other day that they remember when Bobby and I were just kids, just getting married, just beginning our lives together. But - we still are kids! And I certainly don't feel ready for all of this.

No comments:

Remember...

Life's too short for sensible shoes.